Request An Appointment
CEREC is a sophisticated computer-aided system for producing durable high-quality ceramic restorations. It is simple to use, fast and conserves the natural tooth. CEREC is ideal for patients who want an authentic tooth-colored alternative to amalgam or gold. In many cases CEREC allows tooth restorations to be completed in a single session – without impressions, temporaries or long waiting periods. Dr. Grizzaffi offers this alternative in his East Brunswick, New Jersey office.
Advantages of Using CEREC
- Durable ceramic material
- Conserves the natural tooth
- Only one treatment is required
Perfect teeth in five easy steps.
- Before treatment starts your dentist will inform you about all the benefits of CEREC.
- The first step is to remove the dental caries and/or the existing filling.The CEREC measuring camera then takes a three-dimensional photograph of your tooth.
- The contours of the ceramic restoration are designed on the computer monitor.
- CEREC automatically mills the restoration out of a tooth-coloured ceramic block.
- Finally, the restoration is inserted into your tooth and polished. The finished ceramic restoration looks and feels exactly like natural dental enamel.